How to Accept Christ
Did you know that God offers us all His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord? Romans 5:8 says: "God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were still separated from God by sin, Christ died for us." God did this for us because He loves us and wants us to know Him. He did His part to restore our relationship to Him. He took the initiative. Now He wants for each of us to individually accept what He has done for us.
He wants us to:
- Admit that God has not been first place in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from every wrong." 1 John 1:9
- Believe that Jesus died to pay for your sins and that He rose again on Easter, and it alive today. "If you confess that Jesus is your Lord, and you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
- Accept God's free gift of salvation. Don't try to earn it. "For it is by grace you are saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
- Invite Jesus Christ to come into your life and be the director ("Lord") of your life. "To all who receive Him, He gives the right to become children of God. All we need to do is to trust Him to save us. All those who believe this are reborn! -- not a physical rebirth...but from the will of God." John 1:12-13
Are you ready to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior? You can pray this sinner's prayer to God.
Heavenly Father I have sinned against you. I want forgiveness for all my sins. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and rose again. Father, I give you my life to do with as you wish. I want Jesus Christ to come into my heart. This I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.
Congratulations! Romans 10:13 says: "Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." We welcome you to join our church family to grow your knowledge of the Word of God and to build your faith to win!
Worship and Bible Fellowship Opportunities:
- Sunday Worship Service – Sundays, 9:45 a.m.
- Bible Study – Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
- Bread of Life Bible Fellowship – 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 11:45 a.m.
- Locker Room Men's Bible Fellowship – 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Women's SPICE Fellowship – 1st Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.